Changes in the Hen House..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wvchickenhouse, Dec 6, 2011.

1. wvchickenhouse

wvchickenhouse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Pax, WV
    Saturday I spent the day cleaning out my hen house and putting new flooring in. I let the girls and my Roo out to free range for awhile (we do this pretty often). Well, when I finished one of the hens came back in and was "clucking" up a storm in a loud way..... was she mad at the changes in the house or what was up? It was the strangest sound I've heard from her. Just wondering... everyone else seemed to be happy!

2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    yup....you made changes without her approval!

3. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    They don't like changes. I put a heated dog bowl in the coop this morning and they are afraid of it.[​IMG]

4. Zoomom

Zoomom Certified Cackleberry Consumer

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Yep, they always get excited and have to see what's going on when I do anything - change bedding, add or change around their "furniture" or add the bowl for winter and take away the other waterer.

5. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Anything new usually scares the begeezus out of them. Mine wouldn't go into roost Saturday night because I brough out the heated waterer and place it on two cynder blocks in the coop.

6. wvchickenhouse

wvchickenhouse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Pax, WV
    I thought that might be what was happening, because she is the head "chick" in the hen house. The rooster does the same thing, he paces back and forth and fusses! It's hillarious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by