Changing feed

I would like to change my feed to a feed that is corn and soy free and has animal protein in it. What are some good options? Thank you!

I believe Scratch and Peck offers a corn and soy free feed. It is very expensive.

I mix my own feed using fish meal as the main protein source but also field peas.

I believe Scratch and Peck offers a corn and soy free feed. It is very expensive.

Scratch and Peck does have some feeds that are corn and soy free, with animal protein.

"Expensive" is relative I guess (or I'm just used to being ripped off out here). At my feed store it's roughly the same price as other equivalent feeds.

Scratch and Peck does have some feeds that are corn and soy free, with animal protein.

"Expensive" is relative I guess (or I'm just used to being ripped off out here). At my feed store it's roughly the same price as other equivalent feeds.
Scratch and peck is about the same price for you as other feeds? I wish! I live like 50 miles from their mill and the cost for me is a LOT more than the other feeds :(

I use the classic grind of New Country Organics corn-free and soy-free layer. They also have it in pellet form now. Both of those feeds have fish meal in the ingredients.

http://www.newcountryorganics.com/s...rn-free-soy-free-50-pounds.html#product-tabs2

I add some dried meal worms to it for extra protein. The only frustrating thing for me is that my birds avoid the alfalfa meal like the plague. I'm always left with a little green powder at the bottom even if I make a wet mask out of it. Some have birds that love alfalfa. Mine are not one of them.

I mix my own feed using fish meal as the main protein source but also field peas.

Hi, where do you get the fish meal and peas? I have not been able to find any locally and even online is a challenge with shipping/freight. TIA!

Hi, where do you get the fish meal and peas? I have not been able to find any locally and even online is a challenge with shipping/freight. TIA!
I am within driving distance of an organic grainery that carries them. Lakeview Organic Grains in Penn Yan NY.

Back
Top Bottom