Chantecler, Does any one else out their raise this breed?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by krazy chicken, Aug 23, 2010.

1. krazy chicken

krazy chicken New Egg

Aug 12, 2010
    CHANTECLER I am looking for other people that have these rare birds, so we can share our ups and downs.[​IMG] I have been having a hard time finding others that have Chaneclers. If you could I would love to here from you.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I've just a got a little red girl from Ideal. She's not standard, and the color is way off, but she sure is a cutie. And while she's not the sweetest bird, Riley is the biggest scaredy cat you've ever seen - I'm surprised she even comes up to me, seeing as how she screams at her own shadow!!

3. krazy chicken

krazy chicken New Egg

Aug 12, 2010
    I have 30 Chantecler ,all white. and I am having a hard time finding ,Breed standard , birds. Its nice to here That their are more out their. And yes they are a flighty bird.[​IMG]

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I do not raise this breed though I have had 3 buffs and must say they were some of my very favorite birds to own of all time. [​IMG]

Just adding, mine were not at all flighty. Just big pets.

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Even as scared as Riley is, she's still sweet. She does come up to me and eat out of my hand. I'm hoping she'll get a bit better with time and more handling. She has about the same temperament as my spitzhauben, only less flighty.

6. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:The search engine is your friend, it shows this thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by