Chantecler people look at these roos

apbgv

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Iowa
Heres a couple pics of 2 of the chantecler roos I am thinking I will be keeping opinions please
101_img_0602.jpg

101_img_0603.jpg

This guy is a soft buff, very friendly he is now sitting on my arm for treats

101_img_0595.jpg

101_img_0593.jpg

This guy is very pretty and full of hormones girls are not safe around him he is more of a rich golden color esp his hackles and sickle feathers

I would keep the lady killer he has better coloring an feathering in my opinion. OR keep both and set them up in separate pens.
Henry

Yep same age, all the buffs we got turned out to be roosters:p, most of which will be culled coz I don't need that many. several of them are quite nice.

Second one looks a bit wattle-y for a chantecler but otherwise he seems (to my totally inexperienced eye) to have better color and possibly harder, less fluffybutt, feathering. OTOH it would be totally understandable to take temperament and personality into account too
wink.png

They're both a heck of a lot better than my buff chantecler cockerel -- I think he is part buff orp
hmm.png
and he is a complete and utter nitwit as far as having a clue about the birds and the bees... he's the one on the left, his tail is just starting to grow back after being systematically removed by my idiot campine hen, now across the aisle in the sussex pen being the main roo's love slave, serves her right...

chickens016.jpg

Have fun,

Pat

Last edited:
I actually have a couple more roos that have less wattles that I am holding back I swear they all know when you are trying to take pics. I will have to try to get pics of them These are from sandhill, they are much nicer than the salmon favs we got from them. Those are all being culled except my little crossed beak roo, he is too sweet for me to kill so he will just be a pet

Back
Top Bottom