1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chanties are awesome!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by philintheblank, Dec 6, 2011.

1. philintheblank

philintheblank Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Edmonton
    I got some white chanteclers late in the summer this year, they are a canadian dual purpose breed from quebec.
    bred to handle the cold winters and lay in low light conditions. when all my other chickens slowed
    down these, girls are still going stong. they are pobably the cutest chickens i have.

so be patriotic and get a couple french-canadian chickens [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenbythesea

chickenbythesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Nova Scotia
    I would love to get some but I have to wait for some of the current ones to die off... don't have room for more. Hopefully when I can , I will [​IMG]

3. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Patriotic for whom?[​IMG]

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Chenteclers were my very first breed of chicken [​IMG] they were great birds! I only have one old girl left now, I guess she's about 6 or 7 years old. She still lays an egg about 3x a week (its a wrinkled, ugly egg-but its an egg). She's super friendly, anyhoo-here she is, my old lady: Ethyl
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by