Chaos in my town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Songster

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    About 30 min.s ago me and my mom went into Savemart when we came out, it was dark, dusty then the wind picked and on the news it said that it was getting up to 35mphs!!!!!!!!!!
    A big tree across the street was snaped in half, and two medium sized branches fell off our tree, and it is now about 10* cooler!! we need that!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    That sounds scary! We had wind like that recently. Just came out of nowhere, blew a tree down in front of our house. I heard a new built house in town lost part of it's roof. In landed in the owner of the hardware store's yard. He told me he didn't hear a thing, just went out and saw it lying there. Funny thing is I think it was him who sold the new home owner the building materials! Talk about returning of goods.
    Read in the papers it was a tiny tornado. Now that is worrying. We never get tornadoes here!

3. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Songster

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    i know! wow! it is supposed to happen AGAIN today! lol, at least we know now, we didn't hear about last night's storm... at least we can prepare for this one. it blew our chickens' coop door shut and when we went to close up last night (it was already dark) we find out girls running around cause they didn't know what to do, and i had to lift each one into the coop! POOR BABIES! [​IMG]I was scared to walk under our tree that is about 50' tall cause it was swaying REALLY BAD! so i waited for the wind to let up then i ran like my life depended on it! lol!!! ran back inside and remembered the dog was outside getting blown around! (she's only 10 lbs...) My dad got home at 11pm. from work and said he had to rescue shopping carts from the wind. Lowes' parking lot is huge so they were blowing all over the place! crazy weather, we have only had about two weeks of hot, and in the morning yesterday it was 93* now it is 66* and cloudy!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Our weather is doing strange things. Summer here is usually unbearably hot, goes up to 130 some days, but apart from a heat wave in January it's been mild this year. Our winter started early and it's cold one day, warm for a few days, cold again. And we had some freezing days already. I won't be surprised if we got snow in town this year. It's happened 3 times in the past 10 years, usually it only snows on the mountains around us.
    What's your weather like, compared to pervious years?

5. newfoundland

newfoundland Songster

Jul 1, 2010
    Apart from one or two warmish days, our weather here in UK has been cold and rainy. I can't believe we are into June. We had to put the central heating on last night! All the crops are two to three weeks behind, where they should be now. There was a river pageant on the Thames on Sunday for the Queen's diamond jubilee and it was freezing! Still, she stood throughout the two hours it took to sail along the Thames, God bless her, hope I'm able to do that at 86.

6. CaptGus

CaptGus In the Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    The weather is odd the past 6-8 months here in Virginia. No winter to speak of and now its so cool for June. My corn isn't growing well and seems like there is no pattern for summer at all.

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    That sounds pretty scary. How's the weather looking now? There were a few big storms in Perth last week, 125 kph winds and power out across a lot of WA. The storm front moved east towards us but thankfully when it got here it was only a night of very heavy rain. Fun to listen to on the garage roof (tin). :lol:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  8. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Cold! We're having a rough winter already, and it's only June. Think we may get snow this year, which is unusual for us. Took this pic last week. It was so pretty, but it destroyed half our plants!

[​IMG]

9. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Songster

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Wow everyone! it's not just us! Yesterday it was 108*! My friends and I had a water fight and I got cold! Lol, it felt nice though! today it's supposed to be 105*. Right now it's 97*.
    Today Jun 17

[​IMG]
    105°F
    64°F
    Sunny
    Chance of rain:
    0%
    Wind:
    W at 8 mph

Mon Jun 18

[​IMG]
    99°