Charlie's kitten is ready to fly the coop

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Before anyone says anything...I DID NOT BREED CHARLIE. She was a feral living on my property and I caught her ONE DAY before she gave birth to her daughter that I named Charlotte. Charlie was just spayed yesterday since her daughter is now 2 months old. Anyway as much as I hate it I have to say goodbye to baby Charlotte. I love her but I can't keep her.

I have connections at a spay/neuter clinic so whoever I give her to BETTER get her spayed when the time comes...I can get them a discount. You can't beat $30 for shots and spaying.

So here she is with momma. Lil critter wouldn't hold still so I had to hold her neck skin to get a pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's her baby pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Her and her mother are precious! The world needs more responsible people like you, who take in a pregnant stray, and get her spayed after she has her kitten. You are a great person for doing that. Good Luck finding her a home! Im sure most people would have took one look and left her for dead. [​IMG]

ETA: i took in a pregnant stray in june of 2005. She had 4 kittens, 2 girls, 2 boys. I kept 2 girls, and another family member took the 2 boys. All the kittens, and the mom, was fixed. She was my first cat, and im glad she was. She is the most greatful cat I have ever met. In april '05 my dog passed away at a tough time in my life, and do believe that that cat is my dog that passed away, reincarnated. She acts like her, and even has curls behind her ears like my dog did. I am so greatful to have her in my life. Sadly, on Jan. 01, 2007 one of her daughters ran away, and never came back. I took in a foster cat with 5 kittens, and one of the kittens died in my arms on the way to the vet, and I patted her back, she kicked, and took a deep breath in. she had pneumonia and was only a week old. Well, she survived, and I adopted her.

3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I believe that as well. Some people look down on the lives of animals, I cherish them. I believe they come back to us sometimes.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

It was like when my cat came, I had my dog back. That sounds weird but when I look in her eyes, I just know that my dogs soul is in that cat body.

ETA: I was reading online, that when a dog/cat passes away during a difficult time in their owners life, they will often come back. I also read that when a cat/dog goes missing, that the animal believes that there karmic duty to their owner is fufilled, and they go find somebody else who needs them.

5. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    They are both beautiful. A big thank you for taking her in and for getting her spayed. The world needs more people like you [​IMG] Most would just leave her and never look back.

I did the same thing last year. A pregnant 6 month old cat was advertised on Craiglist, her owner had moved and left her behind. She was obviously a house cat, such a shame. She had 4 kittens - I kept the Momma and 3 of the kittens. My mother has the other one. They are all spayed now and indoor cats. I don't regret it one bit and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

6. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Love their markings!!!

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I think it's so funny that Charlie has a full white mustache and her baby has a half-stache. [​IMG]

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Trisha, I love the last picture, with it's little tiny front white paws on your big hand. You are doing the cat nation a good thing with your spay / neuter project in your area. That's the kind of good and generous karma that will follow you the rest of your life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by