Charlotte and Jack go to class!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm taking my duckies CHarlotte and Jack ( pip and zip ) to school tomorrow!!

They are going to visit the third graders till lunch time and then im going to bring them upstairs to run around in my elective classes [​IMG] and when they need a break my Science teacher said I can set up their corral in the Lab.

My ducklings are already in the yearbook - maybe Charlie and Jack will be too!! Pictures to come!!!

2. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    The kids will love it! I brought all 7 of mine in and set up a little swimming pool in the middle of the floor with a tarp underneath it. They got to see the duckies dive and fed them peas. Have fun!!!

3. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    My Bio A teacher wont let us bring in anything alive

4. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I wasnt able to get any pictures this time.. But they were a huge hit!!!
    The third graders LOVED them and then the duckies got to come upstairs to run around in my algebra class! I have such cool teachers. Before school started I let them run up and down the hallways and the teachers just thought it was the neatest thing!

5. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    You are so lucky!! My School would FLIP if I brought anything alive inside the door.... [​IMG]

(Cept Gold Fish!! [​IMG] )

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Sounds like a good day! [​IMG]

7. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    One of my students keep bringing in live things. First he brought in a snake, then two turtles. The turtles stay in our room but we gave the snake to the ag teacher. lol Not in my room. I haven't brought the ducks in, I think they'd be too much of a distraction.

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    The elementary teachers use it as a reward. If they are quiet then the ducks stay in the room, but if they misbehave then they come upstairs with me in the highschool area and sit in the science lab or else come in the class room with me depending on which class im in

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by