Charlotte Country Florida Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cheston, Nov 5, 2014.

1. cheston

cheston New Egg

Nov 5, 2014
    I just got out of a code enforcement hearing and the ruling is the removal of my chickens within 15 days
    I feel this is unjust and was told if i choose to appeal i need a lawyer. I dont not have the funding for a lawyer could someone , anybody Please HELP me in obtaining a lawyer to fight this matter please, i need help and support. Please contact me 9412686052 please my name is Cheston. I live at 21171 Glendale ave port Charlotte Florida. Please help the cause to overturn this matter.....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I am so sorry!! Definitely follow the link to our Local Chicken Laws and How to Change Them section. Maybe someone can help you there. Also do some chatting in your state thread with your neighbors. Maybe someone nearby you knows something about this. Mountain Peeps has left you with both of these links.

Good luck and I hope you can keep your birds!!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3 on the links Mountain Peeps left for you, hope you are able to keep your birds.

5. cheston

cheston New Egg

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm coming to terms with what I will end up having to do. As heart breaking & Soul cringing as it is for me, I think its best I throw in the towel ( cause really no one is going to step up to the fight along side of me to help me score victory for the chickens and we wonder why America is the way it is and the direction its going Saddened Heart & Soul here though its Reality. Therefore I just need to load up my chickens and take them to my aunt in Bonita Springs where there are no worries for my chickens. They will live a wonderful life. Thanks for the words folks , take care.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

I hope you can keep your birds![​IMG]

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry that you're going to have to give up your chickens. Sadly, this an issue that a number of BYC members have had to struggle with. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope things work out down the road to where you can have chickens again.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry that you can't keep your birds! [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm sorry you have to give up your birds, there are many, many others in the same boat. Some try to get by with stealth chickens (hidden from the neighbors) others settle for tiny bantams as house pets. Silkies for instance don't look like chickens at all - from a distance they seem like little fluffy dogs. My friend has 3 silkies and 2 seramas as housepets. There is a very good thread on byc "people with housechickens."

10. cheston

cheston New Egg

Nov 5, 2014
    My chickens are with my family in Bonita, it saddens my soul however , i can smile due to i know my chickens will live a very full happy life with my family. Smiling from a distance and soon i will no longer be on this site, its to difficult. I wish all of you the best and the greatest protection for our feathered friends. Heart and Soul broken though still standing. Take care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by