Charlotte, NC HOA hope!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by bcAddy, Mar 26, 2015.

1. bcAddy

bcAddy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    I got approval from the board about the amendment I was proposing to our CC&Rs and have begun (slowly) gathering the yes vote signatures I need to get the restrictions changed and get my girls. I am hoping that the warmer weather, and my spring break will give me the time and the neighbors the inclination to be out and about and easier to catch. I have already used my cute kids with me figuring it would be harder to say no with adorable little 8 and 6 year old faces/smiles asking for some pet chickens. I need about 40 or so owners to give a yes signature. So far I haven't gotten a no. [​IMG] There is hope!!!!

I also got recruited from the Prez of the HOA to serve on the board. [​IMG](gulp) Should be an interesting year.

2. LATunes

LATunes New Egg

Mar 29, 2015
    From what I read in Charlotte, NC you are allowed 20 fowl livestock (A.K.A chickens) per acre. That breaks down to 5 fowl per 1/4 acre.

3. bcAddy

bcAddy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    14 signatures to go in the neighborhood. Just from the neighbors who aren't answering their doors, probably cause we look like solicitors. :) Only one old man who gave us a crotchety "No" with no explanation or desire to listen to all the well thought out reasons that a backyard flock are a great idea and not a nuisance at all. :) Oh well, you can't win them all.

Don't tell the neighbors though we already have our city permit and our little flock. Shhhhhhhhh! My closest neighbors were the first to agree and of course it won't hurt that we agreed to share fresh eggs when they arrive. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by