Charros, aztecas & more: Colima, Mexico

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by GalloFino, Nov 20, 2010.

1. GalloFino

GalloFino Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2010
    Mexico
    20 Nov is the anniversary of the Mexican Revolution. Here are some photos of local horses from the parade today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    !Que' bonitos!

3. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Deveras que estas en Colima ahorita?
    yo soy de Jalisco cercas de Colima

4. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    What a huge turn out. And beautiful horses and riders. Can you tell me more about the parade?

5. GalloFino

GalloFino Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2010
    Mexico
    Quote:Si, vivo en Colima. Por la gripe, no pude ir al desfile; son fotos que tomó mi esposo. Un grupo de cabellos/jinetes vino de Jalisco!

@michickenwrangler - I wish I had some photos of the Aztecas that were at the show held in conjunction with the state fair. Absolutely beautiful and in fabulous condition and beautifully presented. They are too much horse for me, but I admire their beauty.

@verthandi - The parade today, to commemorate the revolution, had 5,000 plus participants, and was made up primarily of kids from different schools all over this very small state, with various revolutionary accoutrements (my son is in nursery school and his school did not participate, but he did come home yesterday with a paper bandoleer stocked with shiny silver bullets that he made at school), plus firefighters, the K9 squad of the police dept, some different dance groups, including a group of older ladies who just looked fantastic, from the photos I've seen, and the different groups of riders. There are some lovely photos here:

http://www.afmedios.com/estado/ciud...-desfile-del-centenario-de-la-revolucion.html

Although the photographer seems to have given up before the horses arrived!

What are really amazing here are the cabalgatas, which are basically horse only parades. Everyone brings their horse into town (or borrows one if they don't have one) to ride (while drinking!). I'll post cabalgata pictures some time. There are a huge number of horses milling around, with riders of all levels on them, many stallions, firecrackers going off, loud music booming...it's just crazy stuff.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Very interesting, beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

7. Nekhebet

Nekhebet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Erie
    Wish I could have seen it. I find the East Coast to be so culture-less compared to Southern California, with all the multicultural influences. Hubby and I miss popping into Mexico xD
    I'm definitely taking a vacation there when we are done here.

Hubby has family in D.F, and probably somewhere else that I didn't catch.

8. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    My favorite horses and favorite... I don't know if you call him a Charro but he is a bullfighter.... Pablo Hermosa... Love to watch his stuff...

AMAZING Photographs.... There are some Charros by me and I love to go watch their Charriata practice!!! Such fantastic rope work... the skill level and training on the stallions is amazing.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:Si, vivo en Colima. Por la gripe, no pude ir al desfile; son fotos que tomó mi esposo. Un grupo de cabellos/jinetes vino de Jalisco!

@michickenwrangler - I wish I had some photos of the Aztecas that were at the show held in conjunction with the state fair. Absolutely beautiful and in fabulous condition and beautifully presented. They are too much horse for me, but I admire their beauty.

Espero que te sientas mejor

!Quisiera verlos! Una amiga mia quiere comprar un caballo andaluz (hay unos que son pura raza espanola en Michigan) o azteca. Ella hace alta escuela.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by