Cheap 7 egg incubator dome thingy.

MommaHen1996

Songster
May 16, 2021
South East Florida
So of course, once I realised I wasted 20 bucks on this funny little dome incubator that had no English instructions...and no heat insulating properties ect... list goes on....well after trying with chickens...and failing epically...I was like hell, why not incubate these 3 quail eggs and one smaller chicken egg just to see... originally I wouldn’t have incubated the quail eggs because of the poo on them (got em from a friend) but I figured why not...well it’s day 22 days in and I got one pipping! Also, the legbar egg I put in seems to be growing, but it’s hard to see. I added about 3 inches of clothing and hand towels on top of the clear dome like suggested on a an old YouTube vid...and here we are...let’s see if I can get a pic of the lil pip.

Dirtiest egg on the left is pipping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 11
I also have a cheap incubator. It works if you wrap a towel around it, and don't mind watching it like a hawk! I also paid no attention to the built-in thermostat.

Put them on a thin cloth because I don’t know if their little feet can go through my incubators floor plastic mesh..
I over do it sometimes....my first chicken hatch I knitted each one a little holder...and rotated them in their little holders daily... I get too attached sometimes...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 10
That is so cute! 🥰

I just made a little box out of paper towel so it wouldn't hatch on a hard surface. Once she zipped, she flung herself out of that pretty fast!

I was about to buy one of those for my hatch but most of the reviews were negative. Some saying it just cooked the eggs instead of incubating them!!! I immediately turned to Brinsea!!!
Glad that they are hatching though!

Back
Top Bottom