cheap cheap treat :)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chillmiller, Nov 13, 2010.

1. chillmiller

chillmiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Tonopah/AZ
    well with holloween over now i went to the store and found popcorn balls for 12 cents each naturally i bought about 50 of them as treats for me

but i forgot how much mess they are soo i thought hmmm my chickens eat cracked corn ( i know its not the best for them but they eat it there happy and healthy and its cheeeeeeaaap [​IMG] 8 bucks for 50 pounds

so i thought man i should give one of these to my chickens so i opened it up and tossed it in there .... mannnnnn they loved it nd now i throw one in every day about noon just to give them somethin to play with and well if ya can find them and want a chuckle watching your chickens case/ pick up and peck at this treat then if theres any around still try and get them if not theres a site o found for them they average about 26 cents each but there on back order if ya do some digging around you can find them heres a link so you can see what im talking about t i dont really like this site due to the 50$ min order and the fact that there out of stock ill see if i can find someone whom still has them instock

http://www.metrocandy.com/HALLOWEEN...t&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=google+shopping

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. WhoopiePie

WhoopiePie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    Queens, NY
    i tried feeding my chickens popped popcorn but they didn't seem too impressed [​IMG] maybe if it were all balled up like that, it would seem like a more interesting treat/game.

3. chillmiller

chillmiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Tonopah/AZ
    i didnt think they would really dig it but they went bonkers over it most of the time o throw something in there run and they loo kat it then go over to it to inspect it but my black cochin nabbed that popcorn ball before it hit the ground

4. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Place one of the balls on a string, hang it so it swings freely and watch the fun begin!!

5. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    I gave those to my girls and they loved them too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by