Cheap chick entertainment!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by RubberChickenLubber, Mar 4, 2008.

1. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I heard my chicks raising cain, and went to see what was wrong. One of my kids got the bright idea of putting on of my daughter's small elastic ponytail holders in the brooder (it was small enough for them to carry, but big enough that they couldn't swallow). They were playing keep away. Occasionally 2 would get ahold of it, and it would look like 2 pitbulls fighting over a bone. The chicks are between 2 days and 2 weeks old, and they kept this up for hours.

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Try a cooked noodle, they are a real riot as they try to keep away from one another and eat it at the same time. [​IMG]

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Those are all cute ideas!!!! Chickens are really funny animals aren't they?! If that secret were out, everyone would have them for pets, lol!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Crazy4GameCocks

Crazy4GameCocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    My OEGC like to play keep away with mice they catch in the coop I never know they eat meat

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I give them a toy mouse, the furry kind that look real? They love it!

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Wait till you see your chickens eating a frog!! [​IMG]

7. bearcat73

bearcat73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
    Try a cooked noodle, they are a real riot as they try to keep away from one another and eat it at the same time

HA! That reminds me of when I was a little kid and I would find a night crawler and I would throw it in with the chickens. The first one to get it would run around with it in it's mouth while the other ones chased it all over. It was freaking hilarious! I can't wait to do it again this year so that my kids can see (finally getting chickens next month!)​

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    (finally getting chickens next month!)

Yeah! Yep, the worms and the noodles are the funniest and they LOVE to show it off and be chased!! [​IMG]

9. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Now, if they could just learn to run quietly to the corner, they wouldn't have to share their meal!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by