cheap craigslist coop I got today

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pidgey104, Oct 26, 2011.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    What do you think of my new coop bought it off craigslist from a lady down the road.
    She said she paid $350 for it at a feed store. I paid $50 for it. It is 6foot long by 3 foot wide and about 3 foot tall.
    It has two doors which the door at the nest box I ended up making it soild so it would be darker.
    I also just painted and sealed up the cracks.
    Planing on using it for a trio of amerucanas.
    Have to add a roost still.
    What do you think I should do about the roof so the don't get rained on?
    I thought about covering it half way but don't know with what??

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Nice!! [​IMG]

3. briter30

briter30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Looks great, especially since it already has hardware cloth instead of chicken wire. I bought a similar chicken tractor for $50 off Craigslist about 8 months ago and then got 3 Easter Eggers. I LOVED my chickens so much I built them a 8 x 12 covered coop and bought 6 more hens...Be careful, it's hard to keep only 3! lol...Anyway, I think the coop looks very nice. Have you considered adding wheels to it to move it around the yard to give the chickens fresh grass?

4. briter30

briter30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    and yes, I would cover one section of the top and maybe 2/3 the way down the sides to allow for shade...especially in the Florida heat.

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:Thanks I have around 12 Amerucanas in BBS. I just going to seperate a trio or quid for now so I can get some pure eggs.

6. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    I think she gave too much for it, but you did good [​IMG]. It looks sturdy and well built. Is it open on the bottom?

7. tsmith1499

tsmith1499 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2011
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Nice find. Being a guy I also noticed the nice looking Chevelle/Malibu/El Camino in the garage. [​IMG]

8. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:I think she also gave too much for it. It has a thicker wire for the floor.

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:LOL yes thats my Boyfriends 72 Elcamino He's working on repainting it. He also has a 70 Chevelle and I have a 78 Elcamino. Which Im also working on repainting.

10. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG]

Great find and nice paint job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by