1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cheap/free pop door idea

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by IdyllwildAcres, Sep 15, 2016.

1. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw where somebody here posted about getting an old aluminum sign from the county resell yard or wherever and using it as a pop door and it hit me where to get something like that for free. Ask a real estate agent! Often times agents change companies and end up with a bunch of useless signs, I opened a new brokerage a couple of years ago and went through 2 designs that once I got them I did not like and started over, I could shingle a coop in aluminum signs! If anyone asked me I would be happy to give them away and so would any other Realtor we want you to remember us when its time to sell or buy:) My signs are 30"x24" so cut in half that would make two doors:) I am in Idyllwild CA should anyone need a sign... That same post the person used PVC lattice cap for the channels an 8' section sells for like $8-$10 at the big box stores. I am full of ideas, no coop no chickens yet, lots of ideas....

1 person likes this.
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing!! [​IMG]

3. mclanea

mclanea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2016
    San Diego
    Love Idyllwild. You ready for some snow?

4. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Not yet, we have a snow guessing contest here and I usually guess mid Jan to feb, of course I have never one it... But I have come close. I want it to hold off, I am building some fences and a coop and run, I do not need snow yet! At the same time grateful for whatever moisture we get:)

5. FuneralOfHearts

FuneralOfHearts Just Hatched

Jul 27, 2016
    Six inches of snow here already and still snowing...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by