1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Look at my very cheap recycled pen. only thing we had to pay for was the wire and the latches. A garden store gave these away to us, they get potted plants in them.. everything was free.....
    Its about 6ft tall, and 4ft wide...3ft deep...
    [​IMG]

2. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    It looks really nice but what breed of chickens are you planning on keeping in it? I ask cause it seems like there's not much head room.

3. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Wow great job I realy like it thinking that might be good for my silkies hmmmm poor hubby LOL

Starry

4. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband was in LOVE with that thing and almost asked for plans. LOL. well, now I can tell him where we can inquire about getting one

5. DancesWithChickens

DancesWithChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Rossville, Ga
    That is nice, and free too.

pam:D

6. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    O my gosh, brooder heaven.

7. pamperedpoultry

We actually built this one for Quail, the top is going to be a brooder and the other 3 pens his breeding pens.
    One pen is currently holding 2 broody hens and 1 chic..

The next one we build is the same hight but it only has 3 shelves so I plan on making it into pens for 3 pairs of OEGB.

8. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG] My thoughts exactly! My eyeballs almost popped out! [​IMG]

If I could get ahold of one of these, I'd actually start raising quail.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  9. pamperedpoultry

Quote:Thats what I thought too...

she's got 25 of these things. I'll take pic's of what they looked like before we did anything to them. You can take one and use just the the parts off of it to make 2 complete pens.. Thinking of making a bunch up and saleing them I'd think they would be worth $50-$75 a pen.

10. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Quote:Thats what I thought too...

she's got 25 of these things. I'll take pic's of what they looked like before we did anything to them. You can take one and use just the the parts off of it to make 2 complete pens.. Thinking of making a bunch up and saleing them I'd think they would be worth $50-$75 a pen.

I can tell you right now that I would HAPPILY pay you $75 for one of those. My DH is an OTR trucker and isn't home much and I home school our children, take care of the critters, house, 5 acres, vehicles and whatever else may pop up, so the money spent is WELL WORTH it to me not to have to find time to build one myself! [​IMG] That's a great looking quail cage. Musn't let my birds see it....they'll mutiny! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by