1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cheap Quail Eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    If you want some cheap quail eggs, try going to www.lakecumberlandbirds.com. The Jumbo Bobwhite is very cheap. For 50, it is somthing like 46.00, but shipping is 13.00. But, if you get 100, it is free shipping, and the total cost is 59.00! Very reasonable, and very good eggs, too.

And, no, I'm not a representative [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
  3. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Sorry, but you're right.

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    A friend of mine was telling me about the price of their chukar eggs. $30 for 40 eggs, not bad! And the plus side to that is they are close enough I could just go pick them up [​IMG]

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Since quail eggs are quite cheap, that doesn't seem like much of a deal for them but the chukar does sound like a good deal.

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Bobwhite eggs are usually more than coturnix, and these being Jumbo bobwhites (if they really are jumbo), I would say that's a pretty good deal. Only $0.59 an egg, if you order more than 100.

7. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I ordered from them, they dont pack that well. but out of 200 eggs I ordered I think I got around 75 that hatched out (bobs are hard to incubate-at least for me they are) and if I were you guys I would talk to steelshot he has the cheapest eggs I have encountered! and he is a member of our forums! and I bet ya he packs way better. I just paid for 50 chukar eggs and with shipping they were 37 dollars! I dont know if that can be beat!

8. bamachickens

bamachickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    I bought 120 eggs from them and I only had around 50 hatch. Only 11 were not developed (clear) when I candled early. They had good fertility, but I didn't hatch nearly as many as I thought I would.

I don't know that it is their fault, as the eggs were shipped, and this was my first time hatching. I also used an LG, which have problems all their own.

I personally am going to try to go to coturnix for a while, but I am hoping when the 40 get old enough, I can get egss to hatch from them. I hope I am better at it next time.

9. rbar

rbar Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2009
    Dayton, Tennessee
    There is a reason they are cheap...
    I ordered and....when I finally received my order 6 months later, only half were what I ordered.
    Hatch rate was OK, but I wanted all A&Ms and got half Browns.
    They NEVER will answer email or phone calls, don't even bother.
    I thought they had gone out of business.
    Finally, after I went th the local BBB and coplained, they shipped the half-correct order.
    Pay the extra and deal with a professional.

RBAR

Quote:

10. rbar

rbar Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2009
    Dayton, Tennessee
    Oh, I have emailed and offered to pay half the difference for them to correct the order that they sent incorrectly...
    Of course, no response.
    This time I did not even get their nice little "I'm to busy to bother with you at this time" response...
    Forget them. They will not be around long, you are taking a chance.
    'Just my opinion...

RBar

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by