Cheap solar ideas

Tracyfeltsmills

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
I saw today you could use a a foam board, pennies. black spray paint and plexie glass to make a cheap solar panel to hang near a window which adds 10 degrees, altho they left out how it goes together, any ideas? looking for a few cheap ideas to add a bit of heat. Live in Upstate , NY

I live in upstate NY too and we don't get enough sunlight here to make solar lights reliable.
smile.png
You would have to have some way to transfer the heat from your "solar panel" to where you wanted it--the best would be a water circulator of some sort. I had a friend who had an idea that he could do the same thing to heat his aquariums--never worked out for him though as he couldn't get it warm enough to do any good.

Umm, you are aware that perpetual motion as promised by this website is a physical impossibility, right? I would be HIGHLY suspicious of this.

Quote:
This brought you out of lurking?
lau.gif
I really thought it was a joke at first, now after I re-read it I have to wonder! Thanks for coming aboard.
welcome-byc.gif

If you are thinking of something like a water circulator, how about a solar oven to warm up the water? A simple solar oven can be made with a shoe box and some cheap materials. If you can use a water filled tube going around your coop from the solar oven. It might work. This idea just popped up in my head... not sure how well it works.

Back
Top Bottom