Cheaper Vacuum Sealer Bags

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Salt and Light, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Salt and Light

Salt and Light Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Osteen, FL
    I just started using a vacuum sealer for my chickens. I was surprised at the cost of the FoodSaver rolls of bags at Wal-Mart. Has anyone used the "cheaper" food bags available on E-bay?

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    You might check out ULine. It is a wholesale company but they will sell retail. The quantities are kinda big but the prices are good. They have all sorts of packaging stuff. I don't know where I put their catalog but I am sure if you do an internet search you will find them. Try ULine.com and if that doesn't work do a search.

3. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I purchase FoodSaver bags at Costco. Just bought 2 boxes last week; each box contained 4 of the 11" x 16' rolls, one of the 8" x 20" rolls, and 30 of the 8" x 11" premade bags. The cost, including tax, was $43.49 per box. They're good quality bags and hold up well when we bag the Cornish X that we process.

I've never tried eBay... might just go take a look-see.

4. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Uline is great- I get all my boxes for my cones there. They have shipping/storage products in literally almost any size/need you could imagine.

5. 17roses

17roses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Greene County, TN
    I bought 2 boxes of the "cheap" brand at Big K and they didnt work at all. What a waste. I bought the bargain box of Foodsaver rolls at Walmart, I am happy dispite the expense. [​IMG]

6. numamahen

numamahen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2009
    the off brand (box is white and black) at Fleet Farm are very heavy plastic and worked very well - can't say much about price though as I think we got them on sale. We get the food saver brand with coupons at costco, so that makes them pretty reasonable too. Not as heavy of a plastic though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by