TheDawg

Enlightened
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jan 18, 2008
I bought 23 cornish cross, five straight run bar rocks (all pullets, I was picky) and 5 RIR day Olds for 8 bucks.

Raised the pullets with the cornish. Slaughtered and they kept the coop. At POL I sold the 10 girls for 25 each.

I eat as close to free chicken as I can get.
Oh wow that’s amazing!!! And very smart!! I think these places count on impatient people impulse buying at full price lol

RoosterML

Making Marans Great Again !!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
TSC doesn’t make the money on the chicks, they offer them to bring you in to buy everything else to go along with them. Feed, feeders, waterers, lights, you get my point.
The cheapest chicken you can get is free roosters off Craigslist mid summer once people realize it’s not a pullet.

RoosterML

Making Marans Great Again !!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
This is just for curiosity’s sake since I can’t have chickens at the new place but maybe it will help somebody else soooo…..

What’s the cheapest place to buy meat birds? Specifically Cornish Cross but also maybe ranger types?

I know it probably varies some or some maybe have sales or whatever but yeah.
You moved dawg?

TheDawg

Enlightened
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jan 18, 2008
TSC doesn’t make the money on the chicks, they offer them to bring you in to buy everything else to go along with them. Feed, feeders, waterers, lights, you get my point.
The cheapest chicken you can get is free roosters off Craigslist mid summer once people realize it’s not a pullet.
That makes sense! And good idea 😁😁😁

TheDawg

Enlightened
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Most likely. I dont think the managers have a whole lot of control when it comes to inventory, so they always have plenty of stock. In the spring they sell like crazy but as the season moves foward there's always deals to be had.
Yeah that makes sense!!!
Our local feed store still has baby chicks... It's December!!
Oh wow! Last year ours had them into the fall but not this year.

Top Bottom