Cheapest place to buy chick feeders for mason jars

NicInNC

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
An ex co-worker made me the cutest candy dish last year for Christmas using a plastic yellow chick feeder screwed onto the top of a mason jar and then decorated and filled with M&M's. I want to make some for friends and family but I'm having a heck of a time finding then in colors besides red or metal. Does anyone know where I can find them cheap?

Last edited:
I know pampered poultry here in central fl sells them at his store, he might ship to you.
You should be able to find him on the the member page and shoot him a PM. I have yellow and green for my quail. I think there is also purple available, but cheep is relative to each income. He can give you a price though.
I like your idea. It would be a fun candy dish. I peck at m&ms like a chicken. might as well make it official.
tongue.png

I would ask at your local feed store. They will probably order them for you. I use chick feeders to make bird feeders, and I find it is actually cheaper to order through my feed store than to order online.

Here's a picture of what I want to do:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xaQt7BW7kIk/TQJFYv4ct8I/AAAAAAAACxU/lfyZOKeuRX8/s1600/Candy1.jpg

Just do a google image search for chicken feeder candy. There are all kinds of cute ideas. I want the plastic feeders though. Not metal. I wish I had a pic of the one I had gotten. The yellow was so pretty. I may just go with red. I can get those locally.
THAT is cute as all get out!
I may have to make one for Christmas. It's all about re-use-ability for us now-a-days.
Thanks for the idea!
Red would be a good candy color... put red hots in them and use it for valentines day. People as just so clever.

Back
Top Bottom