Cheapest place to get a Hova-bator 1588 with auto egg turner?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SilverPhoenix, Dec 29, 2009.

1. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Hi everyone!

I'm just getting into the incubating and hatching scene, and after quite a bit of research I'm planning on purchasing a Hova-bator 1588 with auto egg turner (1611, I believe? The universal egg turner--I'll mostly be hatching serama eggs and miscellaneous other chicken eggs). I've done some searching online, price hunting, but I just figured I'd post here to check and see if anyone knows any sites or stores with low prices on this model. [​IMG] I would love to pay $150 or less, but I'm not sure if that's reasonable. If I can't find anything in that price range in the next few days, I will go higher.

If anyone has a used one that's in good working condition, I would be VERY interested! I can pay through Paypal and have excellent feedback on several sites I can provide. I've checked Craigslist for incubators locally/semi-locally, but no luck.

I hope to be joining the ranks of people hatching eggs soon! I'm really excited to start. [​IMG]

2. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Cutlers was the cheapest I found and they were super quick and great customer service. I have used them about 3 times now and been very happy. I ordered my 1588 on a monday morning and it arrived tuesday afternoon at my door!!

3. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I got that one for Christmas it cam from Cutler Supply and was $162.

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Ebay was pretty good last time i checked too

5. latherunner

latherunner Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2009
    Brighton, CO
    Just got mine a couple weeks ago from Cutler. $183 including shipping, with 1610 turner. Quick shipping! I'd use em again!

6. slickchik

slickchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern California
    Cutler supply was the best price for me and they have great service.

7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm with just about everyone else. Cutlersupply.com $172 for the 1588 w/1610, shipped to my neighbor's door (FedEx or UPS goof up) very shortly after my order. I echo what everyone else said about their customer service as well.

8. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Ditto - Cutler Supply, Same set up, fantastic shipping, and mine needed some tweaking and the instructions for all of the settings are online, just perfect! I love it, just hate hatching now! I found someone near me that is totally into it, and he's going to use my Genesis, I buy/supply eggs, and we will share the chicks! I dont stress out that way! Good luck with your purchase and Happy Hatching!!
    Tina [​IMG]
    Semi-Local [​IMG]

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Great, thank you everyone! I was thinking of using Cutler already, and after reading all these glowing reviews I'll be buying from them for certain. I appreciate all the help! [​IMG]

10. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Did anyone mention Cutler Supply??? [​IMG]

Ed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by