cheapest source for hardware cloth?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gale65, Mar 29, 2012.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

We are planning to replace the chicken wire that is surrounding the bottom part of our run (the run is 2 x 4 welded wire w/ chicken wire to reduce the hole size) with hardware cloth. I'd like it to be about 4' tall but 3' might be ok too. We'll need about 75 feet of it. Is it cheaper to buy it online somewhere? Our only sources here are rural king and home depot and both are not very cheap. I need the kind that has 1/2" holes.

We'll be covering the remainder with chicken wire (the top and upper part of the walls) so any deals on that would be appreciated also.

2. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    1 person likes this.
  3. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    Haunted Chicken: THX for the link!

4. gale65

Thank you. I'll verify with dh that 3' will be tall enough and if so, that sounds like a pretty good price. :)

5. MarysChickens

MarysChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2012
    Grandview Texas
    I don't know if the prices will be the same for you but at my Lowes and Home Depot both have the 1/2" squares that are 36"x25' for $46. Which is still pricey but its a lot better than some of the places i have found. I doing the 24"x25' for $33.97 but i only need 48'

6. BigdaddySean

BigdaddySean Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2012
    Wayfair or Amazon.com will be your best source for wire online. I just bought 100' from Amazon, and it was just a little bit more than what I paid Home Depot for 50'.
    I think mine was 108 with free shipping from Amazon.

7. JML72

JML72 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Look at wireclothman.com After extensive google searching, I found them to be the cheapest, even with shipping. Of course, someone needs to chime in and tell me I don't know how to properly google search now [​IMG]

8. gale65

I don't think it's your search skills. I think shipping just varies. For me, wireclothman.com is about $10 higher but for someone who lives closer to them it may be less.

9. JML72

JML72 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Oh you're right. Sorry about that - never even thought they'd have different shipping prices.... I just picked it up from them and that made it REALLY cheap!

Good luck in your search!

10. kiwiegg

kiwiegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2009
    Minnesota
    Save gas. Amazon 100' free shipping $90 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by