Cheating allowed and ENCOURAGED?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eenie114, Jul 16, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Gotta love the no child left behind act. Hmm, how do we get students to pass? I know, teach them the test and lower the bar so anyone can get though!

3. eenie114

Quote:This is why we have so many "professionals" that really are anything but. How to get through grade school? Cheat. High school? Cheat. College? Cheat.

4. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    The horror!!! This is why homeschooling is a better option!

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    that breaks my heart. those poor children are the ones being cheated out of an education

6. eenie114

Quote:I don't know if that's 100% true. Like most things, I believe that depends on the child being homeschooled and the parent doing the schooling... Some parents just aren't cut out to be teachers, and some kids need a very structured environment. But if all schools were like this, I hear ya, sister!

7. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    As I student I loathed the standardized tests we were forced to take. They only focus on a few things and not a broad education in general. When teachers are forced to teach around what is only on the tests so they can achieve the scores needed or be fired, students don't get a well rounded education. It really is a sad system.

8. eenie114

Quote:I confess to thinking they're kind of fun, but that may because they're pathetically easy and I like filling in the little bubbles. It's sad that they're the "standard". You're right; they really don't cover very many subjects.

9. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:I confess to thinking they're kind of fun, but that may because they're pathetically easy and I like filling in the little bubbles. It's sad that they're the "standard". You're right; they really don't cover very many subjects.

Oh I definitely found them easy too. Thanks to the Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP), I was awarded 4K in college scholarships to use in the state. However, that $ quickly evaporated as part of budget cuts before I could take advantage [​IMG]

10. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

Wow. Just WOW. Homeschooling rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by