Check my guesses, these I think are roos ( lots of pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HeatherLynn, May 14, 2010.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    OK so what I think I have is maybe a brown leghorn but not sure, barred rocks, and maybe SLW's. I have 14 chicks total but I have them broken down into maybe male/maybe female groups. Trying to figure out which ones the kids can get attatched to. I think these are all males. I know nothing about feathers but they all have pretty good sized combs, all are developing waddles, the combs vary in color from pink to red. The Barred rocks do have a dark wash but so did my last roo. On the ones that might be SLW's the breed is not a sure thing. I got this out of an assortment at the farm store. 5 chicks like that 2 with rose combs 2 with regular combs. btw the ones with regular combs are not pink at all and I think might be girls but I do not have their pics done yet.

These are pics of only the ones I think are roos. I will do the gals later on.

BR1 for this one and BR3 their combs are a pale pink but they are getting waddle development and their feathers and color are identical to #2

[​IMG]

BR2 such a roo, meanest little chick I have ever seen. constantly attacking hands.

[​IMG]

BR3

[​IMG]

Mystery brown guy who is possible brown leghorn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mystery chick/slw? 1

[​IMG]

Mystery chick/slw? 2

[​IMG]

Mystery chick/slw? 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I think you've got it. They absolutely all look like roos!

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I agree, they all look like roosters.

4. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I am getting better at this. I'll post the ones I have set aside as maybe girls later.

5. chickon baby

chickon baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    st charles
    Good Morning,I got on the byc to ask abt,"how you can tell~roo from hen"??? Your BR1,2 n 3 all look like the 2of my new ones I have and 1 of them is making some lound sounds that my other/older girls never made when they were this age..HOW DO YOU TELL A ROO FROM HEN???? I have 1GLW and 2 blk ones that are 2 yrs old..We got 2 SLW and 4 RIReds,all born 4/1/10..That was my next ????? how do you put the new ones in the coop w/the older ones???? We CANT have a roo,we r already attached..I hope its not a roo but need to find out for sure,how can I tell??? What do you look for??? How do I get the new babies n older girls adjusted to each other???Whats the secret,so they ALL get along??? Thanks for your help..Pleez post or pm me..Thanks.

6. chickon baby

chickon baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    st charles
    Heather,the mystery chick pic looks like 3 of my other new girls n they said they were RIReds?? The other ones look just like my 2 n we were told they were SLW...tooo funny because it looks like you posted pics of my girls...lol mine were born 4/1..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by