1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out Mom, Dad and the kids!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hooterville, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my little bantam cochin, Checkers and two of her chicks. I had them separated in a pen when Romeo the roo decided to wiggle his way in. [​IMG]
    They have been inseparable since and Romeo has accepted full step-dad responsibilities. Its been such fun watching them together.
    They even sleep together in a milk crate. Fun stuff!

Checkers and her boy.
    [​IMG]

Group photo--cute baby trying to hide from me!
    [​IMG]

Another group photo
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Aww how adorable~! Are you sure he's the step-dad? He might just be baby daddy and is stepping up to the task of fatherhood! [​IMG] What a sweet roo.

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    How sweet! I have a roo that is the babysitter. He lives in the biddie/brooder coop and he even feeds the baby chicks! Only one of them are his too. LOL

5. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I hatched my Cochin's first eggs in the incubator. When I took one outside to show it to her, she ran away screaming "Alien!!!!!" (Or at least that's what it sounded like to me!)

6. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I mean, how could you not love this:

[​IMG]

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Awww, that baby is so cute!!!!

8. Hooterville

Cochins are just about the most precious chicks and yours is adorable! [​IMG]
    Checker's babies are some kind of large fowl mix. Daddy is either a light brahma or a partridge cochin (large). She was living in the big guys coop and was only able to hatch the two largest eggs she was sitting on. She had 4 and did manage to hatch these two.

It's so funny that even though Checkers and Romeo just officially "met" they have become the best of friends and great parents. I can't wait til these babies outgrow the two of them--that will make some cute pics! [​IMG]

Possible daddies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real moms good be lt. brahma, buff orps, Delawares, partridge cochin, who knows? It will be fun to watch them grow up.

I'm thinking that I have one of each because the way they're feathering out is so different.

9. Hooterville

I just noticed in that second picture that Checkers looks likes she's giving it to him! "Now, listen here Romeo, I need a break!"

[​IMG]

10. sandy sea

sandy sea Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Gavilan Hills, CA
    Very cute. I am hoping to be able to take a picture like that if all works out. I have two broodys now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by