Check out my "bird dog" pictures

Larkin

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Northern Wisconsin
Here's a picture of Daisy, she is enjoying left over Easter oatmeal with some of the chickens. (she does get a little grumpy/growley with them over bones). You would never imagine that she is a fierce retriever when we go bird hunting. She's also been known to raid wild turkey nests, kill newborn fawns, and decrease the rabbit population and field mice too. She's a true outdoor girl. I guess it's pleasing to see how well she gets along with the chickens and chicks considering she's a natural borne killer.
65206_img_1377.jpg
65206_img_1378.jpg

I think the hens are plotting to take over control of the dog. They'll show the retriever how to retrieve food for them!

luv chicks-
My SIL and BIL have a Weimer too and it's the same way. Loves the chickens, kills everything else that pops it's head in the yard. It's nice to see instinct doesn't have to over rule them right!

Whenever I open the coop to check for eggs, Daisy goes in and cleans up any chicken food that's been spilled on the floor. Everyone ignores her and carries on with their regularly scheduled chicken business. It's kinda fun to watch. The mean ol' rooster doesn't even challenge her! Love that dog!

Back
Top Bottom