check out my easter-eggerXsilkie rooster!!! hes gorgeous!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lcw, Jan 19, 2010.

1. lcw

lcw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    [​IMG]

I know it's only one picture but look at him!!!! [​IMG]
    I bought him in July I think and I only bought him because I thought he was a BEAUTIFUL HEN!!!! [​IMG]
    Well when I got him home I looked at him while I was treating him for mites and saw some weird looking feathers comming in. I was like [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Well either way I love him and plan to breed him with my easter egger hens when I get some. Look how pretty he is!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Great looking boy!

3. chickeypeep101

chickeypeep101 the Awesome Pullet

Jul 23, 2009
    On a horse!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] wow

4. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    He is really pretty!! What is his name? Does he have a personality to match his looks? I am very ignorant chicken-wise and at first I thought you had him wearing a lovely little purple hat rather low down on his forehead.....Duh.

5. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    thanks.
    well i dont really know how his personality is other than hes super skiddish and starts clucking his head off when he sees me.
    i was super suprised i got this picture. i couldnt believe how close he let me get to him.
    he just started mating and ive only heard him crow a few times so we'll see how well his hormonal stage goes.

ETA:his name is dale.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    anyone else? [​IMG]

7. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty.

8. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

lcw, start spending every spare moment you have with Dale. Cuddle him even if he doesn't like it. But, make sure you have a special treat for him for just before and right after your cuddle session. After awhile, he'll come to associate you with good things and (hopefully) won't be so skittish! [​IMG]

He really is lovely! Who would have thought this is what one would get in crossing a silky with an EE?!? Surely not me! [​IMG] I really love his colors! Quite the handsome boy!

9. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    thanks serrin.
    the bad thing is that he roosts in the rafters of the coop and i cant reach him. i cant get him at night when its dark either because a ladder cant reach him.
    i will try to catch him but hes so dang fast its not funny. ill try but im not guaranteeing anything.

10. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Where there's a will, there's always a way dear! You just have to want it bad enough! But please! Don't put yourself at risk with ladders and such. I could tell you stories about the hazards of ladders and chickens in high roosts that would curl your hair!! [​IMG]

But seriously, do you close him in for the night, or does he roost in a barn or something? If you keep Dale closed up for the night in a coop, then half of your battle is already won. Simply don't let him out in the morning. Eventually he has to come down to eat and drink. It might take awhile for him to trust you enough to share the coop floor with you. Move slow and quiet, and he should come around in due time.

Sending calming Karma thoughts out to you and your new roo that the two of you can create a lasting friendship! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by