Check out my homemade incubator

GOSPELSOLDIER

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
new britain
this is just a simple styrofoam ice chest i used. cheap for $3.99 @ walmart...small in size 12" heigh, 10 " wide and 6 inches in depth. really small.

IMG_1302.jpg

These are my list of things used to make it.....

1 styrofoam ice chest

1 lamp kit (bottle version)

1 energy saver 40(w) bulb

wire mesh i had extra from chichilla cage.

a fan from old mini car heater
heater-1.jpg

some electric tape, and a 10"by 6" pre cut plexiglass from home depot 4.99
everything else i had...around the home and oh i almost forgot a remote controll truck grill from neighbors trash..lol ..is the vent in the front.
and two mercury thermometers.

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

THE FINISH PRODUCT

IMG_1302.jpg

You will probably need to change that bulb for a standard incandescent.

Low Energy bulbs are designed NOT to put out heat. That one is probably the equivalent of 8 or 9 Watts, it's too small.

Other than that, Good Job!

Quote:
eggs are going in tomorow just after i get a humidiy reader and set it to the correct required hum degree. and temp.

it reads 105 now but im making another small air vent and it should be set but after im done i will show pics of eggs and show progress in 21 days..lol

Quote:
it reads at 105 now
and its been plugged for 3 hours
im making an air vent and regulating the temp. but im not sure what you mean about not giving heat..

Quote:
it reads at 105 now
and its been plugged for 3 hours
im making an air vent and regulating the temp. but im not sure what you mean about not giving heat..

What I mean is that Low Energy bulbs are designed to give light, rather than heat. Heat is what we want, not light.

You might get away with what is effectively an 8W heater in a tiny box, but you might need to change it.

Back
Top Bottom