Check out my keets 'house'

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by shelleyd2008, Oct 20, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG]

They are temporarily in the aquarium brooder that is intended for my quail that are due to hatch in a day or so. Every time someone walks into the room, they are running everywhere, and even right into the glass!! I put this in there, and now they hide everytime they see someone!!

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww! Super cute! They must be so happy to have their very own hiding spot! [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yeah, it is pretty cute! I didn't want the little guys to break their necks running into the glass!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    are those the new "Home Churned" keets?[​IMG]

what a great recycling idea!

5. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    OH! That is too adorble! Do yours sleep on their tummies?

Enjoy them!

6. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Very cute! Keets are so so Cute, then they go through that gangly phase like a chicks do.. lol.

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Yeah they usually do sleep on their bellies. Once in a while I will find one sitting on the floor with it's head leaned back, asleep, but 'looking' towards the light. Like it is sunning itself! So cute. Baby animals are just adorable. I can't believe how much they act like guineas already! A friend of mine gave them to me, when they were about 12 hours old. They were so calm. I woke up the next morning, and they were running around scared to death! Silly birds!

8. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I love to see keets sleep! The first time I saw one all stretched out with its legs straight behind it I thought it was dead. Enjoy this phase.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by