1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out my new SILKIE!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SilkieCRZYness, Dec 29, 2009.

1. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    First picture she was around 1-2 months:
    [​IMG]
    Second picture 3 months:
    [​IMG]
    Third picture is at 4 months:
    [​IMG]
    What yall think of her quality? Thanks!

2. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Gorgeous!

3. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    awwwww;)

4. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks so much, she has dark skin, 5 well spaced toes, nice dark small comb, feathering to the 5th toe, she's my lil beauty..... Still needs a name tho... Any suggestions

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Are you sure she's a she? I got 3 sexed silkies from MYPETCHICKEN and I am hoping they got it right and they are female! I am just wondering what I should be looking for. That is sure a cutie, just strutting her stuff!

Edited to say I just realized mine are 2 months old now! They better start looking pretty like that soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  6. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Is she from your own eggs or did you get her from another breeder? I'd love to know where she came from and are there any more like her available? I have a very small flock of silkies (7) but would love another white hen like her! I'm in Jacksonville FL, where are you?

7. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    I'll pm you the breeder, don't know if it's my right to say... But I will soon be having my own birds of this quality. And I'm sure she's a she, no doubt at all.

8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Looks very girly to me. Silkies aren't my specialty but I really agree that it looks like a hen.

9. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 4 silkies from a known breeder in my area and these "didn't meet the grade", but they are beautiful. I ended up with 2 roos out of the deal (hoping for broodies). When my roos crow you wouldn't know if not for the noise. They don't stand up, they don't move their head, nothing like a regular roo would do.

Oh ya, my pet chicken sexes birds????????

10. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Nice Chad!

(Are you SURE it is a girl.. lol ....the 3 month pic looks kind of rooish...I have 4-4month olds that I am still trying to sex!)

Looks more like a roo to me...

Vickie

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by