1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Check out our 11 lab puppies on youtube

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hinkjc, Sep 5, 2009.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh my are YOU going to have your hands full with them! Id be spending an awful lot of time watching and playing with them....sooooo cuute!!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

PUPPIES!!!!

4. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yeah, they're a handful alright. They are 6 1/2 weeks old already. We're having fun with them, except during the poop fests. lol

5. HatTrickSilkies

HatTrickSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    Eastern PA
    These puppies are just way too CUTE!!!

~ Nikki

6. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Jody any female pups still for sale?
    [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    No, sorry Sam. All of them are reserved already.

8. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Awesome!! Thats alot of puppies. LOTS of CRAP too. How hold before you place them? I was told 4 to 5 weeks at the youngest. 6 weeks or older is better, that is what our vet said. You prolly already know this, Labs are direct decendants from New Foundland dogs. We had 7 from our Newfie mix. They look so much like a Lab. We had to keet two. Our two poop all day long. Our bigger one was 30 lbs at 12 weeks old for his vet visit. From the looks of it, you should have some hundred lbs dogs. Have fun with them, they grow soooo fast.

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks lildinkem! They are lots of fun. In PA they have to be 8 weeks for them to go to their new homes. So at least another week and a half of puppy pleasure.

Our adult labs run around 80-85 lbs. They really shouldn't be in the 100 lb range, although I've seen dogs that big. They are typically obese or bred too large. We keep ours on good diets and they get lots of exercise on our farm, which keeps them in great shape.

10. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No laws here. I had all placed before their were 7 weeks old. 2 went to Joliet IL, two very nice young girls getting their daddy a B-Day present. They sent me pics, and one looks just like a Yellow LAB the other looks just like a long hair Black Newfie. I gues near Chicago, on craigslist people are getting $400 for large breed MIXES! Geesh, I was giving my away for $20 each.
    80 to 85 is the ideal weight. My friend Jim, had two. His Choc Lab, Beaver got up to hundred and he didn't handle the weight too well. As it turned out he had a Thyroid issue, and needed a pill everday for the rest of his life. After getting the pill and Jim regulating the diet he was back down to 90. He lived to 11 & 1/2 years. Jim had bought a Yellow girl, that was a very high energy dog. She had brothers that were huge. Like near 120 lbs. She was as smart as a stump. He would put her in his laundry room, she dug thru a solid core door. It was partica board underneath but still. lVery strong dog. Auggie is right near 85 lbs, Newfies throw that nice Chestnut Brown color. We were lucky to have him first. Doubt, we would have wanted anymore IF we didn't. So are ya keeping any? I know it has to be irresistable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by