1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out our milking table.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Acre of Blessings, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    for goats. My neighbors and myself just got finished building this for our goats. Talk about recycling......................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this cool or what. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    VERY good idea! Looks quite sturdy - good use of recycled material, for sure!! [​IMG]

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Cool!

I've no experience in this so I'll need to see pics of it in action. [​IMG]

4. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    yea me too. I am curious to see if it works well. Good luck.

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Wow, that's really cool....talk about McGuiver! (sp?)

6. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Thanks for the comments. Nifty, I'll be sure to get a few pics of it in action. That will happen shortly, we had to go inside to cool off, it's 98* here today. [​IMG]

7. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Nice job, I just built one myself, but without sides and mine folds down. I'm new at the goat thing and have been straddling her and milking upside down. I knew there had to be a better way! So much easier with a stand! Although...now I have to learn a whole new squeeze..right side up![​IMG]

8. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    That is really cute. It might be hard to milk them while they are in it. Might want to cut a side out alittle, besides that I really like it. It is prettier than the normal ones. I want one. Thanks for sharing. Good Job!!!

9. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:Actually there is enough room between the dowl rods for our arms to reach in. We thought of cutting out a couple but then we changed ou minds. We will be trying it out shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  10. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    Sounds good. Have fun. I am getting my milking goats in a week. I can't wait. I use to have them years ago. I missed them. My son wants several plus I want them to milk. They are great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by