Check out our new roo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by M To The Maxx, Oct 18, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Don't freak out!!!!! A lady down the street ended up with some extra roos and I saw this beautiful boy. He looks like a cross but he is beautiful!!! The lady down the street is a very good friend of mine and I told her about our disease problems and I told her that I liked this roo and she said that she will hold the roo for me until our disease issues are resolved!!!! She is a great person!!!! She let me take some pics of him today. Here is the roo. I think I am going to name him Bucky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And yes I told her about BYC. What do you think the cross is? I think it is a BR/Delaware cross.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Night Watcher

Night Watcher Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2009
    Phoenix,AR
    He is beautiful!!!!!! Smart thinking on her keeping the roo until the problem is resolved.

3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Thanks!!!!! I am so happy!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's a handsome rooster, Maxx. I think he could be a BR crossed with alot of things, even Buff Orpington. If his sire was BR, then his mother could be anything, really, and he would be barred like that. Cuban Longtails got a rooster from my flock back when I still had my Hawkeye. She had some from my Buff Orp hens that looked similar to this guy.

5. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Thanks!!!!! I just thought he migt be part Delaware because of the withe feathers on his neck.

6. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

What a handsome guy! Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Thanks

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

When you get your disease thing figured out and are ready to restock, I have a lot of Polish and such.......

9. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I would love to get some as soon as the disease is taken care of.

10. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Very handsome fella! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by