CHECK OUT PICS OF SUPER RARE SNAKE!!

Punk-Rock_Chicken

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
High Springs, Florida
I was installing a privacy fence today and while digging I looked down and thought I had found the biggest earthworm I had ever seen! But as soon as I picked it up I knew instantly that it was no worm! It is an eyeless snake called a Blind Worm Snake. They are very rarely seen because they live totaly underground. He was at about 2 ft. deep! This is only the second one I have ever seen...and the first live one! I took him out to the woods and let him go, but stood there and watched him go underground to make sure nothing ate him. He is pinkish white with a pointed flat head and nose and has absolutely no eyes. He was about 10" to 12" long and he looks segmented like an earth worm and is surprisingly strong. Here are some pics I took of my daughter holding him before I let him go. I tried to geta close up of his head, but it's just all blurry.
27700_snake6.jpg

27700_snake5.jpg

27700_snake4.jpg

27700_snake3.jpg

27700_snake2.jpg
27700_snake.jpg

Just thought some of you would find this interesting.

Last edited:
WOW - bizzarre! I'm glad you didn't chop him up accidentally while installing the fencing, and also glad you got some pics! Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes those are awesome. When we were stationed at Fort Bragg, NC, I had them in my backyard under all the pine needles and mulch. They are really cool.

Back
Top Bottom