Check out the feet on this 12 year old chicken!

LauraHope

Chirping
Apr 17, 2015
Bozeman mt
In high school I raised chickens for my folks. They were auper tame.

Now I'm 11 years out of high school and these things are still alive!
They are all about 12 now I think.

But some have old chicken issues that my folks don't know about or care about really. They just make sure they don't get killed and feed and water them and keep them warm. And give them extra food and greens sometimes. Really they have a huge chicken shed with huge Windows, and a huge run they can go to anytime of the day. They are living it large compared to a lot of chickens out there.

But I was shocked to find a hard thing imbedded in one chickens swollen feet, and another chicken, the Turken, it's tonsil looked odd and dead and it fell off when I touched it! Looking in the cavern that was left, you could see evilness so I took it inside to wash it in the sink. It also has water belly, as it's aged it's gained liquid and it's abdomen. The other ones do not have this issue but they are all different breeds so that's obiously why, genetics. I'm thinking the leg issue is gout compared to mycoplasma s. Because it's in both feet. Thank god! Because my parents would never try to help treat them with anabiotic's or anything that might help. She seems to get around OK.

I took a picture of what came out of it. You can see the bone unfortunately. I filled the void with painkiller Neosporin and bandaged it up after cleaning it excessively With soap and water a bunch. I also did hot and cold water on her feet and made them squeaky clean and also to maybe bring a little bit of new blood flow to the area For the day. Like hot and cold compressions for a sprained ankle.

You could see the bone , the end of the digit! Just like you might on a digit on a bone you find in the woods, it looked just like that!

Also I was extremely surprised at how patient she was. She sat there during the whole procedure and didn't try to get away at all. My ducks that I have at my house are a completely different story! Even though they have had as much if not more interaction then these guys had when they were growing up from chicks It goes to show that different breeds and species tame so much easier!

I'm so surprised to help patient she was and how she didn't even flinch once when I was digging the crap out! I added the neosporine pain killer first, before getting out what needed to be dug out
1f633.png
1f62e.png
. Then after than, added more and bandaged it up really well. Hopefully it will stay on for a couple days Then fall off.

Back
Top Bottom