1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out the variety I got when I bought Americaunas...haha...Easter Eggers!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Vickery, May 20, 2016.

1. Vickery

Vickery Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2013
    Carson City, NV
    [​IMG]
    Above (wind is blowing feathers out) is quite "blond/gray". And has more "muffs"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one is HUGE (following)
    [​IMG]
    Obviously the black/white one is a Barred Rock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This gal (above and following picture) has a very pink face with less feathers than the rest.
    [​IMG]
    All a few days shy of 10 weeks and I think at this point they are pullets. Backyard Chicken to the rescue on educating me about what feed stores/hatcheries sell as "Americaunas"! (Am I spelling that right...I see different spellings). These girls (I hope) all have blue legs...I like them no matter WHAT they are!!!
    I guess I thought this was kind of interesting because they all look quite different from one another. What do y'all think? Pullets...Roos?
    Vickery

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

They're pretty, and look healthy! Of the ones I can see well, I'm only seeing pullets. I love my EEs! Like you, I don't care that they're not true Americaunas [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by