1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out these Polish Top Hats

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by antiquebuff, Oct 28, 2008.

1. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    These are two of my Roos in my Polish Top Hats that are 8 months old. They are very good natured and seem to get prettier each day! Enjoy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(edited by staff to fix photo link)

2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    WOW!!!! Those are such HANDSOME boys!!

3. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    ooh! ooh! here's mine!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] his name is rooster cogburn!![​IMG] he is my only roo!!i have 3 polish <see signiture [​IMG]>

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I can't wait to see my polish grow up. I noticed today they are getting feather sprouts on their heads... [​IMG] I love polish!!

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I love Polish chickens. They are so comical and full of life. My Edwina (a W/C Blue hen) makes me smile every time I see her.

6. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    Polish are very sweet. I pick mine up and carry them around all the time, even the Roos that I pictured here and they are large. The hens are a doll, soooo sweet and lay every day!

7. Obsessive

Obsessive Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2008
    I don't hav any chickens ... YET. But I really love polish. I'm hoping to get silver-laced & gold-laced soon:rolleyes:. my mom says no ornamental chicks yet.[​IMG] Maybe I can dupe her into thinking they're great layers:p (don't they lay about 140-160 per year?)

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Wow! Those are some gorgeous boys!

The brown one looks like a rock star!

9. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Punk look:
    [​IMG]

Elvis look:
    [​IMG]

Stooge look:
    [​IMG]

Chel

10. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    I am so excited I just picked up my fist polish today. She is absolutely gorgeous and I cant imagine why anyone would have had her at auction today. She seems to be in good health and pest free. She seems to have a very good temperament. I believe she is a gold-laced and her top feathers seem to be very nicely formed and rounded. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by