1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

check out this pretty girl. (breed?)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pemphredo, Sep 29, 2012.

1. pemphredo

pemphredo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Aransas Pass texas
    she is like 10ish weeks old
    She kinda reminds me of a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...but she has white legs and ears... I named her Opal because her ears have a white opal color to them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Where did you get her. She looks like a mix to me...

3. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    blue laced red EE mix!

[​IMG] I want a bird like that! somebody start working! BLR americauna.....[​IMG] Maybe I should do it ! BREEDING PROGRAM!!!! First generation: americauna x BLR wyandotte, keep bearded babies and breed back to BLR wyandotte, Keep bearded, laced babies!!!!!! AND SO ON! I can see it now...[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  4. ccshambhala

ccshambhala Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Va
    those white legs really throw me... there are not many birds that have white legs like that, speckled sussex and marans are two.... lovely bird.... where did you get her? could she have been a project? will be very interesting to see what color eggs she lays!

5. pemphredo

pemphredo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Aransas Pass texas
    I got her from a lady that has no clue what breeds she has anymore. LOL a bunch of blue chicks were born from a dominique and a RIR a while back. They grew up to look JUST like blue marans. Then she took 1 of those blue chickens and started breeding it straight with the dominique here is a picture of those 2 [​IMG]

she started trying to get all blue chickens after that.
    but then got some barred rocks, some barnevelders and she had some white rocks too. Then someone gave her a rooster that we have no clue what is in him but he made chicks with feathers on their feet black legs and 5 toes. so I was guessing he had some silky in him.here are some pictures of him [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Those are my daughters in the pictures with the rooster.
    But so this is just I am guessing a crazy mix of all her chickens. LOL it is crazy how mixing a bunch of chickens can get something that looks a lot like a BLR wyandotte

6. JakeBremer

JakeBremer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2012
    Quinlan, TX
    Ancona

7. JakeBremer

JakeBremer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2012
    Quinlan, TX
    araucana

8. ccshambhala

ccshambhala Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Va
    very cool story pemphredo - thanx for sharing - and yes it is interesting how you got such an interesting looking bird! I wonder what color eggs she will lay..... (beautiful daughters!)

9. farmer boy

farmer boy Chillin' With My Peeps

it wouldn't be a ee mix of some kinda she doesn't have the blue legs with white pulms

10. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    not all ees have greenish legs, I have one that is 1/3 silkie and the rest is araucana giving her a crest, feathered legs, no tail and white legs with 5 toes, but she lays a blue egg making her an ee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by