Check out this rat trap.........

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by lil'turkeymama, Sep 6, 2010.

1. lil'turkeymama

lil'turkeymama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Alabama
    I bought this trap online for around $60.It did have some issues with being completely sealed up.Two holes big enough for rats to get out.I fixed it myself and didn't get any help from the seller so I'm not going to say where I got it.It is called a repeating trap and I have heard folks talking about them for years but couldn't figure out how to build one.Its hard to see but there are 10 rats in there.I set it last night with some stale pizza and had 10 rats this morning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. lil'turkeymama

May 14, 2010
    Alabama
    where is my picture?I have done this before but can't seem to figure it out.sorry,i'll keep working on it

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Oh, I have trouble with this stuff too. I'd love to see it if you figure it out.

4. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    lil'turkeymama :

where is my picture?I have done this before but can't seem to figure it out.sorry,i'll keep working on it

you need to upload your pic onto backyard chicken, photobucket, flicker, etc.. first..
    then open it and post the address here... That link you posted is the location of the pic in YOUR computer... [​IMG]

5. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:you need to upload your pic onto backyard chicken, photobucket, flicker, etc.. first..
    then open it and post the address here... That link you posted is the location of the pic in YOUR computer... [​IMG]

Once I see a pic it will be easy

6. lil'turkeymama

May 14, 2010
    Alabama
    Thanks for the help with the pictures.Really is easy when you know how to do it.I set that trap again last night in the same place and got 3 more.Moved it to a different place tonight.Hopefully it will be full again.[​IMG]

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    WOW, that is interesting. I have never heard of such before. do you know who sells them..stores I mean?

8. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    I've never heard of a "repeating trap" before. But it DEFINITELY looks like it's worth the investment!

Me thinks I must have one!

Great find! [​IMG]

9. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    Good trapping, now what you going to do with them? lol I found this homemade one online, it looks very simple to make.

10. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    Wow many rats! very interesting rat trap

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by