Check out this Vintage Chick-U-Bator :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hipeatall, Mar 5, 2011.

1. hipeatall

hipeatall Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Okay... while you all are waiting for your eggies to hatch... I thought I'd share my "market day's" find with you.
    I found this Vintage Chick-U-Bator.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. hipeatall

hipeatall Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    I thought it would be fun to have just for the novelty... the little "Egg Hatchers' Guidebook" is a really fun read! I was surprised to see the little bulb light up when I plugged it in... so it seems to "work". Then I googled Chick-U-Bator and found this link http://writersrest.blogspot.com/2011/02/chick-u-bator-blues-when-i-was-11-years.html ... so now I'm thinking maybe I should give it a try!

I also found this Ad which I thought was very entertaining -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  3. Awesome, fire that puppy up and give it a whirl! I'd love to see if it really works and what kind of hatch rate will come out of it. Keep us posted. [​IMG]

4. hipeatall

hipeatall Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Forgot to mention... it was $5.00! I think they gave me a deal cause I'm a repeat customer [​IMG]

5. Cass

Cass Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Quote:I think you've been had....it was only $4.95 new and it is no longer new....

6. SteveH

SteveH Songster

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    I'm pretty sure that's identical to the one I had as a child in the very early 60s. [​IMG] It came shipped with [if I remember the number correctly] three quail eggs. Of course none hatched; and my next attempt at hatching was Nov of 2011. [​IMG]

7. hipeatall

hipeatall Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Quote:I think you've been had....it was only $4.95 new and it is no longer new....

you are right... $4.95 new and that included postage too... [​IMG]

8. hipeatall

hipeatall Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Quote:My son and I will run some tests on it tomorrow and see what temps and humidity look like... I will report back.

9. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Songster

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    That is such and amazing find!!! Try it out!!!!

10. ChickenPox

ChickenPox Songster

Feb 2, 2011
    Middle GA
    COOL! I keep trying to find things like this, but so does everyone else around me! [​IMG] So I haven't found anything yet. Awesome find!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by