check out your grocers organic vege section,, for potatoe garlic veg etc etc planting

bluejeans

Songster
7 Years
Jul 25, 2012
New Mexico
many times its cheaper and just as good for planting stock.. only buy organic though because they dont use sprays so it will sprout.

garlic, onion (Tomatoe For seeds) potatoe varietys such as yukon gold ---are just some of the things you can buy for growing in your garden ,

many times or at least sometime the organic section of your local grocery store is the cheapest and best option
smile.png

I had potoatoes that were going soft: they were covered with eyes and many eyes were actually sprouting, so I I decided to give them a go... They are putting out leaves and greening up nicely and it has only been week. If they all survive, don't ask what I will do with them all: We do not have good storage and we don't eat them that much, which is why I had soft potatoes to start with! Guess I can give them away with the extra eggs I give away.... Hash brown potoates and fried eggs for all!

I started garlic, too, last week just to find out my seasons are 180 degrees out: they are started in the fall here in central Florida. Well, it makes me happy to watch them growing, anyway! Ha ha! We actually use a tone of garlic, so I really wish I had an indoor grow area with temperature control. Our house barely has room for two people and two dogs, though...sigh... :/

Back
Top Bottom