**Check Your Backseat** Public Service Announcement...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Just a reminder...In these temps, it doesnt take long for a child or a pet to overheat.

**be aware**double check**triple check**

Dont forget to check the car beside you at the store/mall/bank etc. You could save a life.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    also check your bsck seat at night before you get in your car if you didnt lock it. Some years ago my sister ran down to the grocery to get her husband lunch meat for his lunch. just ran in for a second and didnt lock her doors. When she came back and got in there was a guy in the back seat. Luckly she hadnt shut her door yet and jumped out and ran back in the store called the police. By the time they got there the guy was gone. Could have been a very tragic situation.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Just had another 2 year old child die near Dallas, forgotton in the car. HOW DO YOU FORGET A CHILD? [​IMG]

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Just had an autistic adult die in a van near here. Aide says she forgot him but it looks like she left him there after he threw a tantrum. Yes, severely autistic adults are hard to deal with, but he was not able to get himself out of a car so clearly he was not capable of knowing when he was misbehaving.

If only one person had spotted this guy or counted heads when they came in he would have been found......... Yes, LOOK! Speak up!

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

And remember... just because YOU (okay I) are used to 100+ degrees in a POS vehicle with no A/C thus sitting in the car for 20 mins is sweaty but not fatal... doesn't mean that other people are acclimated to it...

You can't always use your tolerance for something as a guide to what others can handle.

Just because you only feel a pinch from a bee sting doesn't mean someone else wouldn't die from it.

So actually LOOK, check for red face, panting, lethargy, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by