Checkin in on my chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Russo's Roost, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Russo's Roost

Russo's Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Morrisville VT
    Today is my birthday, my wife got me a present, a baby monitor. We don't have any children but we do have 5 hens and a rooster. The baby monitor is for them. I am sitting in my livingroom watching the amazing race listening in on my flock in the coop. They are a lot more active then I thought they were in the evening. I can partialy see into the coop from my bedroom window and after hearing what goes on, I checked out their activity........scratch..scratch.....scratch, boc-boc----boc. We work from home, my wife has been leaving the office window open so she can hear what's going on in the pen during the daytime, with the monitor she can close the window and save a few BTU's. It's been cold already in central Vermont and I am sure there are colder days and inghts ahead. Oh My God, can you immagine if we ever had children.

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Happy Birthday!!!! Great gift idea! Enjoy it [​IMG]

3. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Happy Birthday!! What a cute story :)
    Have fun listening to the babies!

Michelle

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Happy Birthday!! That must be cool to hear them!

5. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Happy Birthday - enjoy the chicken chat! [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Happy Birthday to you! [​IMG]

What a fun gift too! [​IMG]

I have a baby monitor from when my daughter was a baby, but if I plugged that thing in here with the other end being the coop, my DH would kick me out to live with the chickens! [​IMG]

7. Russo's Roost

May 7, 2009
    Morrisville VT
    Some days the chicks may make more sense then him. My wife tells me, especially after she comes in from a day of conversing with them. They are great listeners.

8. Russo's Roost

May 7, 2009
    Morrisville VT
    Thank you all for the good birthday wishes. :) It's great to have an extended family.

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Russo's Roost :

Some days the chicks may make more sense then him. My wife tells me, especially after she comes in from a day of conversing with them. They are great listeners.

I totally agree! I find peace among my chickens and find myself out conversing with them quite often. They are the only thing in my house that doesn't talk back to me. [​IMG]

10. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    Happy Birthday, and what a nice gift....

I think hearing them without disturbing them would be great.

I have to make several trips to the hen house every few hours, so I know what is happening in there.
    maybe I should give out hubby's email so someone could give him the idea.....lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by