1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Checking for interest...Blue/Black/Splash Orp chicks?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Western Chick, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Western Chick

Western Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    I've had a few requests from here and on my website for shipping live chicks. My little incubator can't handle the numbers needed to make shipping a viable option but I've been considering an upgrade.

My PO is willing to work with me on it. I'm just wondering how much interest there would be if I had the ability ship day-old Blue Orpington chicks.

I would probably ship 10-20 at a time with freebie mutts (out of my free-rangers) added for warmth when needed. I would most likely charge $5 per chick plus actual shipping- Priority or Express- your choice.

Comments, suggestions, would anybody be interested?

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    are they bantam? If so I am very interested.

Marie

3. Dilly

Dilly Cooped Up

Apr 15, 2008
    I didn't think one could ship live chicks, unless you were certified to do so as a hatchery?

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I would be very interested if I can find someone around here to go in with me. 15 - 20 chicks would be to many for me all on my own. But I really really want some blue and splash orps. I'm still going to order some eggs from you this week if you still have them.

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    You can ship live chicks & birds as long as you follow your state rules on exporting poultry and the state rules of where you are shipping the birds to. Generally it requires you being NPIP certified among other things.

6. Western Chick

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    Bantams- No, sorry they're standard

I'll have to look into the hatchery certification, anybody else know about this requirement?

Bear with me...I'm learning as I go.

7. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    I would be interested, definitely interested. Even if it was just eggs.

8. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    If you get NPIP certified they can catogorize you as a hatchery. It doesn't depend on the amt of chickens you have or at least it doesn't here in Alabama. You can ship lives to most states with a NPIP form that the state provides when you are tested. Some states do require Vet Certification but I don't know which ones. I have only sent day olds to Washington state and the other chickens I shipped to MA and maryland and I didn't have to have anything beside NPIP form.

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Do you have any pics of your flock and do you know what lines they are from? Pictures are very helpful here.

10. Western Chick

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    Check my website for pics- under Poultry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by