Cheeky clucker bit my toe!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chick-e-chick, May 29, 2008.

1. chick-e-chick

chick-e-chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    I was standing on the doorstep bare foot today and one of the chicks kept pecking at my toes, one of the pecks really hurt, their beaks are getting real big now, I'm sure my whole toe fitted into it LOL :eek:

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I wish I was from the UK so I could say cheeky and bloody. When Americans say it we sound stupid. [​IMG]

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* My hen pecks at my toes and walks on my feet as a matter of routine. It's her way of saying, "Look who I found!! Got treats??? YEAH? WELL! Hand em over!!!!"[​IMG]

4. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    I've learned to wear closed-toe shoes anytime I'm near the chickens....what is it about toes? Do they look like giant crumble to them? [​IMG]

5. seafood

seafood Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    get used to it

6. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    So mine do love me! I was starting to think they were mad at me. OK no more flip flops when going out to the coop!

7. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine are also fascinated with my feet and if I paint my toenails!!!!! [​IMG] I learned to wear shoes that coveer my feet now. Now they are fixated on my freckles. Gonna have to get a bee keeper suit pretty soon if they don't stop.: gig

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    The feet are a favorite playtoy as is your chest is you happen to have fuzz on your sweater/shirt. Ouch!

9. Red

Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Yep, mine go for freckles too. And piercings.

Scotty once pecked me in the eye, it was possibly the scariest thing ever - this big chick-head looming towards me, quickly followed by this razor sharp beak pecking at my eyeball. Thing is i'm so stupid i didn't even think to close my eye till it was too late. Then i had to try not to move about too much whilst i writhed in pain because the little [email protected]?! was stood on my shoulder.. [​IMG]

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Hey, Red? My kid brother bit me on the shoulder once when I was carrying him. I bit him back the same way and said "hurts, don't it???" He never did it again. [​IMG] ( P.S.-- NO HATE MAIL, PLEASE!!! I WAS 14 AT THE TIME!!!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by