Cheese Burgers

OmaBird

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
CA High Desert
For those that do not know me I am a Grandma (Oma) to a three year old. I have a nasty disease and he is my whole world, and my only grandson. Most likely my only one. He lives with me and I have helped raise him since birth. I usuasly have him about 12 hours a day. He just had his third birthday. He does not talk but he comunicates with signs. He loves the birds and I think they help him make some sounds. He is not verbal at all. He is smart. At 3 he does know math and does read. I no that sounds weird since he does not talk but we know because he does comunicate with us. He just recently started saying the sounds to his alphabet. This is him playing with the geese and ducks. I think the animals help him. I have been raising poulty for over 50 years. I am no expert. I am just a back yard poulty person. These are my ducks assortment I got from Holderread on June 9th and my geese from May 17th from Metzer. I have made a point to try to make them freindly and let him know him since they where hatched.

57076_cheeseburgers_011.jpg

57076_cheeseburgers_006.jpg

57076_cheeseburgers_030.jpg

57076_cheeseburgers_025.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous grandson and beautiful birds.

I dont see why saying you've been raising poultry for 50 years would piss professionals off, but oh well I say "To each their own". I do things my way and a lot of people don't agree, but if its worked for me, my parents before me, and my grandparents before them than by god what can be wrong with it if it works?

What great pics, and what a great Grandmother you are!! Animals DO help people with all kinds of things.....I don't think there is any better therapy than animals. I wish you and your grandson the best!
smile.png

Oh btw with the speech and your grandson with the animals...I agree, my daughter had a lot of speech development issues and her main vocabulary until she was two and a half was animals and animal names. the rest she spoke in nonsense her own little language "Shawnese - Shawna is her name
wink.png
" and learning vocab and letters was mainly motivated by animals or animal related things. like finding an animal that started with each letter of the alphabet and having pictures of them and she quickly picked up the alphabet. She's now five and a half and she has a HUGE vocab, speaks exceptionally clearly, and is extremely gifted academically. Though she has alot of social skill issues that we are slowly working on, but Shawna has always been smart, quickly would figure out all sorts of things by watching you do it only once, is one of the best readers in her preschool class and can draw? Oh geez she watched me draw so much she is now a very competant artist and can draw you all sorts of things and you can easily tell what it is unlike alot of kid's scribble drawings. She can draw on the level right now of an 8 year old not a 5 year old.

Quote:
I noticed Sebastian was musical right way. That what really caught his attention. We would listen to music on You-Tube from the time he was 6 months old. I bought him a organ on ebay. I am not musical at all but he is. I am shocked at what he can do. I use to worry aabout him being behind in school because he did not talk. I don't worry any more. I also think anyday he will be talking.

What a lovely story thank you for sharing it with us all Omabird. You Grandson is a lovely looking litle fellow- and it certainly looks from those photos that he certainly does get a lot of joy from spending time with the ducks and geese. Its wonderful that you have the time and abilty to provide him with the animal therapy he obviously gets alot out of...Just look at the huge smile on his face in those photos.

I was three years old before I started talking due to a hearing difficulty. I certainly have made up for it since though.. Heres hoping your grandson will soon be just as noisey as that little flock he is playing with in the photos.

I was three years old before I started talking due to a hearing difficulty. I certainly have made up for it since though.. Heres hoping your grandson will soon be just as noisey as that little flock he is playing with in the photos.

We did a hearing test on him that he failed but they also said he was to young and since he does not make any noise it wasn't a good test. His doctors do not think anything is wrong at this time. I know he hears great. He loves music and even plays the organ. He dances the minute he hears a song. He is such a happy boy. He has just been slow at all his milestones starting with rolling over and sitting up. He was about 26 months old before his first step. Now all he does is run. It funny to watch him try to talk. Its like he lips the words. I tell him say it louder. I can't here you. He just smiles.​

Well Oma, just tell everyone he is a thinker and not a dumb talker. Many intelligent people have started late talking, only to surprise the world later with their achievements. The most important part is happiness anyway. He looks like he is as happy as anyone can be.
Are you German? Just wondering because of the Oma thing. I'm originally from Berlin Germany.

Last edited:
Quote:
He studies everything and is a sponge right now when it comes to learning. He will study a calendar or anything with numbers, colors, shapes, alphabets and books. He would rather play with a learning toy, flash cards and books than any toy.

My husbands family is German and my father from Poland but we were both born here. We use Oma and Opa so we have our own name that is not the same as his other Grandma and Grandpa.

Back
Top Bottom