Cheesecake recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by red golden, Feb 6, 2013.

1. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Ok ladies those of you that know how to make cheesecakes. I need a recipe or a variety of recipes to make cheesecakes. Yes i am a guy and i know how to cook. I love cheesecake and want to make my own. If any of you cooks out there can help a fella out i would appreciate it. Btw i need the tricks to making them eatable too lol.

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    This is a SUPER simple version of cheesecake that always gets rave reviews when I serve it, I do replace the margarine in the recipe for real butter, it is the only change I make.
    It is great especially if you don't have a springform pan.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/easter-sunday-cheesecake-43819

3. Talihofarms

Talihofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Alton Browns "Sour Cream Cheese Cake" is the best recipe I have ever used.
    I have tried over 20 recipes and every person who has tried my Cheesecake has rated Alton's as the best.
    Yes I am a guy, and a huge foodie.

4. red golden

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Thanks frogdogtimestwo. "real" butter mmmm mmmm i might be able to fine some. Will give it a try this weekend maybe.

Thanks talihofarms where do i find this recipe for alton browns.

Is their anything special i need to know or do in making a cheese cake.

5. Chick N Haus

Chick N Haus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2012
    Bigfork, Montana
    Alton Brown's recipe should be on food network, too.

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Here is one of the Cheesecake recipes I use, this one is super quick and easy. It makes 12 cupcake sized cheesecakes, and they freeze very well and are delicious with fruit topping. Nice to have on hand for suprise guests. I have crushed up extra Nilla Wafers and sprinkled on top when they are almost done, just for a little change of pace.
    My sister got it from a resaurant where she worked, it was their "signature" dessert.

Mini-Cheesecakes
    12 Nilla Wafers
    2 - 8 oz cream cheese
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 eggs

Line muffin tin with foil wrappers. (paper ones work also, but at the restaurant, they had to peel the wrapper off and put it on the plate)
    Place one wafer in each wrapper.
    Mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar till well blended. Add eggs and mix well.
    Pour overwafers, filling about 3/4 full.
    Bake 25 min. at 325.

7. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    The cheesecake I posted is so easy just follow the instructions! It has an authentic taste, we love the sour cream layer and the fruit topper is spot on for consistency.

I have made the single servings Wyodreamer posted they are yummy too.
    Here is a link to the Alton Brown recipe, although I have never made it, his recipes are usually technical and perfect!
    http://www.food.com/recipe/alton-browns-sour-cream-cheesecake-190758?layout=desktop

8. red golden

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Thanks again. Yeah those cupcake size would be god for me to take to work. I always have a snack with my lunch.

9. nok13

nok13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    that muffin cheese cake looks exactly like what i am looking for, but . i odnt know what a nilla wafer is?
    can u show a pic or describe so i can find the equivalent here in israel?

i would like to include that recipe for my son- i am making him a cookbook as a birthday present... i need recipes for guys and he likes to cook but lives a bachelor's cubicle on the kibbutz (a one room studio apartrment type thing so toaster oven, small gas plate for cooking, not a lot of room for stuff)... also better to have recipes that can be frozen (can these muffin cheesecakes be frozen?) since he is coming and going all the time depending on work and friends schedules... since many of his friends are still in army they often show up for weekend at his room and he needs to have stuff to eat at last moment. do these muffins defrost well?>

also what are 2 8 oz cream cheeses? which kind? like philadelphia cream cheese (that we can buy here)? or can a5% fat small curd cottage cheese replace?

10. red golden

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    A nilla wafer is country folks slang for vanilla wafers like you make banana pudding with. Just google vanilla wafer. Also she says you can freeze them. And yes philly cream cheese not cottage cheese.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by