Cheesecake...

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
...or custard pie. However you look at it!?
roll.png

but I want everyone to share their favorite cheesecake recipes here today. I am actually going to try to make a NY style one today since I just want to find something HAPPY to do... and what is happier then cheesecake in the oven?
wink.png

Bread. bread always trumps cheesecake.

Still, I LUUUURVE me some cheesy-cake!

Most people prefer a graham cracker crust but I use a flour and pecan crust for this cheesecake...I'm not a big fan of graham crackers.

I also put a parchment paper collar on my pans...that allows the cheesecake to rise, swell and contract without cracking. I posted a picture of another cheesecake that I make with the collar still attached so you can see what it looks like.

Best Ever Sour Cream Cheesecake

3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4-cup sugar
1/2 cup butter-melted
Note-I used 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs and added the butter a little at a time until I felt the crust was right. I don't like a really thick crust.

Filling:
1-cup sour cream
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1-1/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks

Place a baking pan of water on the oven rack right below the rack that the cheesecake will be on. Preheat oven to 300º

Make crust: In medium bowl, with hands or back of spoon, mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter until they are well combined. Press mixture on bottom and sides of 9-inch spring form pan, to form a rim all around. Refrigerate until needed.

Make filling and pour into crust-lined pan.

Bake at 300º for 1-1/2 hours.

Allow to cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight.

VanillaIceCreamCheesecake001.jpg

VanillaIceCreamCheesecake002.jpg

ChocolateSwirlCheesecake001.jpg

The link is a recipe for Blackberry Cheesecake, but my picture is raspberries. When I made it for Thanksgiving I just left it plain because my mom said it tasted exactly like the "real" NY cheesecake she had growing up in New Jersey.

The crust uses Nilla wafers and pecans, but I don't use the pecans and everyone says it's perfect without them.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/blackberry-cheesecake/

IMG_0684.jpg

My favorite cheesecake recipe is from my grandparents diner.

I don't remember the quantities but it has;
mascarpone, ricotta, whole eggs, vanilla extract, and a crumbled cookie crust, it is the best cheesecake ever! it is very rich so you can't eat more than a sliver.

Back
Top Bottom